Перейти к содержанию
Форум города Мытищи
Петр Варибрус

Does Mytischi speak English?

Рекомендуемые сообщения

It mean that am i not a student.

So i travel abroad to visit places of interest.

This year i was in Tunisia.

Поделиться сообщением

Peter, I object to lifting sanctions because they serve Putin right. If he claims to be great and independent, let him be so at his own expense. And do you arrange summer studies in the US? 

Good morning dear Ромашка 2.0 !

I am afraid they don't serve him right, as all this stand-off and economic turmoil has been at our expense, NOT his. You should remember our history paradox, which has clearly shown over the last 100 years, that all democratic changes with dissentients and freedom flourishing appear when International relations become warmer, and people better off, whereas, at times of wars,conflicts and cold wars Russian and Soviet people unite around their much-loved leaders adoring them more than ever! (eg.Stalin). So, which is better for us?

As for Summer studies, - Yes, I do arrange trips to Boston, New York, New Jersey(between NY and Atlantic City). Some information is coming up on Forum USA trips page . :))

Hello dear wbif!  

Did you enjoy your trip to Tunisia? Where did you stay there? I remember staying with my family in Port-El Kantaui(or maybe Cantaoui) back in August 2004. It was very good. Ironically, 10 years later, just 200 meters next to our hotel beach area, a couple of muslim terrorists came ashore from the sea and shot several holiday-makers dead right on that same beach. Wrong people in the wrong place at the wrong time....... Poor souls....R.I.P.

And by the way, where is Peter?? :scratch_one-s_head:

Hello dear Lisa13 !

Have you ever been to UK, USA, or any English-speaking country?

Изменено пользователем Петр Варибрус

Поделиться сообщением

I am afraid they don't serve him right, as all this stand-off and economic turmoil has been at our expense, NOT his. You should remember our history paradox, which has clearly shown over the last 100 years, that all democratic changes with dissentients and freedom flourishing appear when International relations become warmer, and people better off, whereas, at times of wars,conflicts and cold wars Russian and Soviet people unite around their much-loved leaders adoring them more than ever! (eg.Stalin). So, which is better for us?

As for Summer studies, - Yes, I do arrange trips to Boston, New York, New Jersey(between NY and Atlantic City). Some information is coming up on Forum USA trips page . :))

Hello dear wbif!  

Did you enjoy your trip to Tunisia? Where did you stay there? I remember staying with my family in Port-El Kantaui(or maybe Cantaoui) back in August 2004. It was very good. Ironically, 10 years later, just 200 meters next to our hotel beach area, a couple of muslim terrorists came ashore from the sea and shot several holiday-makers dead right on that same beach. Wrong people in the wrong place at the wrong time....... Poor souls....R.I.P.

Hello dear Lisa13 !

I've never been to the USA but I've been to the UK

Поделиться сообщением

Hello dear wbif!  

I was in Tunisia twice.

This  year i lived in Hammamet.I visited Kairouan,Gabes,Matmata,Douz,Touzer and El Jem.It was a marvellous trip to Sahara.

I lived in Sousse in 2012.Then a visited Monastir,El Kantau and El Jem.

I've never been to the USA but I've been to the UK

No,never.

In Europe i visited Cyprus,Greece,Montenegro,Albania and Serbia.

US embassy rejected  my visa request in 2014.

Поделиться сообщением

Hello dear wbif!  

Hello dear Lisa13 !

Peter, in which country are the best language schools in your opinion? Where are the teachers more professional and methods of teaching more efficient (or may be they are the same everywhere :) )?

Поделиться сообщением

Peter, in which country are the best language schools in your opinion? Where are the teachers more professional and methods of teaching more efficient (or may be they are the same everywhere :) )?

Good evening Lisa!    Good question! I am the best language school! :))  To be honest, your best choice depends on a higher than average price, smaller group size and tuition hours. There are a lot of good schools in many countries, on various locations. I have dealt with several of them, however, I am still scratching the surface.  Try British St.Giles International, Kings Colleges, LTC, Linguarama, Cambrige Education group and TWIN centres. Their prices match the quality. What are you after? Don't go after cheap schools like EF(English First),- they are too commercial and marketing-driven, not quality-driven.  In USA I used to deal with Boston Academy of English. They were very good ,but, sadly, they have been taken over by a bigger education group. Most of the above-mentioned schools also operate on some US and Canadian locations.

Поделиться сообщением

Good evening Lisa!    Good question! I am the best language school! :))  To be honest, your best choice depends on a higher than average price, smaller group size and tuition hours. There are a lot of good schools in many countries, on various locations. I have dealt with several of them, however, I am still scratching the surface.  Try British St.Giles International, Kings Colleges, LTC, Linguarama, Cambrige Education group and TWIN centres. Their prices match the quality. What are you after? Don't go after cheap schools like EF(English First),- they are too commercial and marketing-driven, not quality-driven.  In USA I used to deal with Boston Academy of English. They were very good ,but, sadly, they have been taken over by a bigger education group. Most of the above-mentioned schools also operate on some US and Canadian locations.

Thank you Peter for your answer.I see nowadays some people only agree to learn English with a foreign teacher. Do you think it's the best way? Do you think Russian teachers shouldn't speak Russian at all at their lessons?

Поделиться сообщением

Thank you Peter for your answer.I see nowadays some people only agree to learn English with a foreign teacher. Do you think it's the best way? Do you think Russian teachers shouldn't speak Russian at all at their lessons?

Hello Lisa!

Native speaker and a Russian teacher? I am convinced it's a double-edged sword. I wouldn't recommend native speakers to Beginners and Elementary level students, though they could be very valuable for those of Intermediate and higher levels. Russian teachers can explain grammar and idioms much better at an early stage. Still, we need them both to help us. Which teachers have you had in your life? Have any of them been British or Americans?

Поделиться сообщением

Добрый день всем!
Время, отведенное на полную расшифровку диалогов всех лиц, задействованных в видео-репортаже англичанина Martyn Andrews про привидения в Москве, закончилось. Приз в 3000 рублей за расшифровку репортажа с самого начала по хронометрическую отметку 2:45 и с 4:00 по 5:45 снижен до 1500 рублей. И теперь я напишу вам больше английских слов из этого репортажа, которые вы могли не уловить. Вот они: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aheoAzYi4y0
Haunted   creative ways   witch   ogre   when it comes to   ghost   spooky   abandoned   ferris wheel   eerie   fair share   creepy location   past lives   fascinating legend   to discover   district   tv tower   area   to be linked with/to   evil spirits   rumour   century   cemetery   murderer   sorceress   remains   coincidence   outdoor   faded   gone by   lurk   mansion   added to that   to revive   to suppress soul   to haunt   to amplify   allegedly   site   ancient burial ground   pagan temple   to predict   locals   to claim   dreadful headache   terrifying nightmare   afterwards   trick-or-treat   creepy location   tale   versus   to be based on   novella   bar   bell-tower   halls   apparently   plague   orthodox   to bury   foreigner   separate   to drag   chain   rattle

Please, answer thoroughly the questions below:
1. Where did Ostankino get its name?
2. Which legend is mentioned in this programme?
3. Which country is Jenny Stewart from?
4. Where has she seen ghosts?
5. Which place in her home country and city/town has been haunted and how long?
6. What does the word plague refer to? (К чему относится?)
Кто первый пришлет все слова и предложения, выписанные из вышеуказанных отрезков данного репортажа, получит 1500 рублей. Срок подачи истекает 26 ноября в полдень.

Good luck yo you!

Поделиться сообщением

Александр Мишков побеждает и ему уходит приз в 1500 рублей!
Вот мой правильный вариант: 
Martyn Andrews – This weekend thousands of people will dress up as witches or ghouls and celebrate Halloween. But when it comes to actual ghosts in the Russian capital whether you believe them or not, well, there are several famous spooky stories here. Now this is an old abandoned Ferris wheel, kind of eerie. And, just like many other cities around the world, this capital has its fair share of creepy locations, past lives and fascinating legends. So join me, Martyn Andrews, as we discover a haunted Moscow , the subject of this week’s program.
We begin our program at the legendary Ostankino district, where the famous TV tower is located. Some locals say the area is possibly linked to evil spirits, and one rumour is that centuries ago a cemetery for murderers and sorceress was situated here. The district’s name also sounds like the Russian word ostanki meaning bones or remains. Strange coincidence, maybe. A popular park during the Soviet times, today the outdoor area somewhat faded. The forgotten memories of days gone by, and scary Ferris wheels. Who knows what lurks in these woods.
Arkady Spivak - So there is a lot of unexplained stuff that, you know, eerie stuff that happens sort of in mansions and everything else. Now, added to that, is the whole Soviet reality to this, and what happens is a lot of pe… a lot of history was first broken and then revived and, of course, you know all of the Russian literature: If you suppress a negative soul, it always comes to haunt you, so I think it’s actually more amplified right now, than it would normally be but...
Martyn Andrews - The area of Ostankino was allegedly built on the site of an ancient burial ground and a pagan temple. According to legend, an old mystical woman, who predicts the future, has been seen here since the 16th century. Now, the locals, who claim to have seen her today, complain of dreadful headaches and terrifying nightmares for several days afterwards.
Martyn Andrews - Trick or treat. Moving to another creepy location, let’s meet this week’s guest.
Boo! Nice to meet you.
Jenny Stewart - Thank you, nice to meet you too!
Martyn Andrews – So, tell me! What are you doing here in the Russian capital?
Jenny Stewart – I am an actress, and I’m doing a play right now called “The Tale of Ivan Versus Ivan”, which is based on the Nikolay Gogol novella. And I also love to travel and I’ve heard that Moscow is a fantastic place.
Martyn Andrews – Now, do you believe in ghosts?
Jenny Stewart – Yes, of course, I do. I’ve travelled all over the world and I love ghosts and ghost stories.
Some of the best travel stories, oh!
Martyn Andrews – I think that's one of them.
Jenny Stewart – One of the best travel stories that I'll tell is of the castle in Helsingor, and the dungeon there is one of the best dungeons, I’ve ever been to. Very scary, and also in Toronto we have a theater called the Royal Alex, and it’s been haunted by a famous ghost for a hundred years, stealing chocolate bars and costumes and all that kind of stuff. Since I’ve been here in Moscow, I’ve had a chance to go to the Kremlin where there are three sort of famous ghosts – Ivan the Terrible, who haunts the bell-tower, and, of course, Lenin and Stalin can be seen walking in the halls at night, apparently. And I’ve also heard about the German cemetery. The plague of 1771. When that hit, the Russian Orthodox church refused any foreigners to be buried in the Russian cemeteries, so they had a separate cemetery for foreigners and they were dragged there by chains, so at night sometimes you can hear the ghosts and their chains rattling at the cemetery.
Martyn Andrews – Spooky stuff.
Jenny Stewart – I know, I know.
Martyn Andrews – Boo! Nice to meet you. Bye.
Jenny Stewart – Nice to meet you too. Bye.

Скоро появится репортаж BBC с призом победителю в 5000 рублей!

Поделиться сообщением

What's up, guys! From time to time I make vlogs in English. If you like to hear some English and watch Mytishchi, check me out here and don't forget to subscribe))  

Поделиться сообщением

Merry Christmas everybody! Many happy returns! :))    Nice to meet you Andrey Nikolaevich!  A thousand thanks for a fabulous video about our home town with drones droning in the air. Are they yours, or have you borrowed them or the video footage from someone/something?

Поделиться сообщением

If you catch my drift.....  :girl_crazy:  Not what I want to experience!  :)) Do you???

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/4qxD/DBCingjbs

The photo was taken by my student in an ice-cream parlour somewhere on the outskirts of Moscow.

Поделиться сообщением

Поделиться сообщением

По- английски не спикаю((( французский школьный и более ничего,увы..

В ссылке:

МорожеННое в "Меню " - просто убило

Поделиться сообщением

On July 31st afternoon, at 1:10  I met up with my good girl and former fellow classmate Olga Lunkova in a central Moscow cafe! I had last had the pleasure of seeing and talking to her as long as forty years ago. This reunion has been amazing! It soon occurred to me that all the sweet and precious things of our days bygone still live on in our today! :))   On the black'n'white photo circa 1976 from left to right: Victor Ladniy, Olya Lunkova and Peter Varibrus during their lesson at Soviet Union school in Geneva, Switzerland.

20431369_1482269131819136_59038010746691

And now

20503894_1481782285201154_1563611924_n.j

Поделиться сообщением

Hi Peter! You both look gorgeous! But how come that you went to school in Geneva? What are your parents? Excuse my curiosity :girl_smile:

Greetings dear Ромашка!

Nothing unusual, to be honest. My parents were born into very ordinary Soviet families back in the 1930s. It's just that my father was good at many things like organic chemistry, technical subjects and thus was invited to work in Geneva after he had been on short business trips to Poland, Czechoslovakia and Mexico. My mother was teaching English at Moscow Plekhanov Institute at the time, so her services also became very handy. So pure luck and good skills dear Romashka! I can anticipate your question about KGB involvement.:)) My father and mother worked in Geneva for ILO(International Labour Organization) and UN(United Nations Organization) respectively, but they did have to deal with KGB because every Soviet soul in Switzerland back in those days would have to. There were a lot of spies from all competing Powers in Geneva back in the 70s. By the way, I need to spill the beans to you:

Henry Kissinger stroked my head back in either 1973 or 1974 when having talks with Gromyko(as far as I remember) at  Soviet Embassy out there. :girl_crazy: I just happened to be in the crowd watching.

Поделиться сообщением

Greetings dear Dron! How are you? I am returning to our Forum! From now on it's rising!  Hooray!!! :)

Hooray!!!

Hello from Baltic seaside!

Rise and shine!

Калининград - Приморье 2017-08-15.jpeg

Калининград - Приморье 2017-08-15-2.jpeg

Поделиться сообщением

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете написать сейчас и зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, авторизуйтесь, чтобы опубликовать от имени своего аккаунта.

Гость
Ответить в этой теме...

×   Вставлено с форматированием.   Вставить как обычный текст

Разрешено использовать не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отображать как обычную ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставлять изображения напрямую. Загружайте или вставляйте изображения по ссылке.

Загрузка...

• Создать...