Форум города Мытищи
Петр Варибрус

Does Mytischi speak English?

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Hooray!!!

Hello from Baltic seaside!

Rise and shine!

Good to see you Andrew! :))

How is the Baltic water? Is it cold or not?

Поделиться сообщением

Looks like we are in for a real Geneva Soviet school reunion party! I've met my third Geneva school classmate over the period of three weeks, and this time it was enchanting sparkling Elena Bekleshova!!! We got together at Le Pain Quotidien cafe in Arbat(looks like it is becoming our usual reunion venue!1f604.png

post-19850-0-01519100-1504294267_thumb.jpg

post-19850-0-92533700-1504294382_thumb.jpg

Изменено пользователем Петр Варибрус

Поделиться сообщением

Sorry, I couldn't edit the previous message due to my lack of IT skills.

Here is that text below:

Looks like we are in for a real Geneva Soviet school reunion party! I've met my third Geneva school classmate over the period of three weeks, and this time it was enchanting sparkling Elena Bekleshova!!! We got together at Le Pain Quotidien cafe in Arbat(looks like it is becoming our usual reunion venue!1f604.pngLast time I had an enormous pleasure of having a good time with Olga Lunkova out there) area of Moscow on Wednesday, 16 August. Having not seen each other for 40 long years, Elena and I hit it off really well and spent 4 hours relishing the past and reflecting on our lives since September 1974, June 1977 and late 1980 respectively. An absolutely two thumbs up unforgettable meeting! 1f607.pngOur childhood photograph, taken in early May 1977 at USSR Embassy in Geneva, Switzerland, captures from front left to right: Alexander Degtyarev, the late Polina Kondakova, Elena Bekleshova, Elena Gerchikova, Olga Lunkova, Peter Varibrus and Pavel Osmolovskiy being ceremonially admitted into Pioneers(junior Pre-Communists).1f339.png1f338.png1f337.png

Поделиться сообщением

In fact, Мытищи is spelt as "Mytishchi" in English not "Mytischi" . But it may be a kind of Geneva accent :rolleyes: 

It doesn't matter mate. You can spell It as you please as there are no spelling rules or regulations for it unlike those for Moscow, The Hague, Cologne, Nuremberg, Athens, Istanbul, Munich and some other known cities and towns.:))

Поделиться сообщением

My 20th trip to England came out of the blue with my precious old mate Sergei, a fervent LIVERPOOL fc supporter, whisking me off to their game vs TOTTENHAM at Wembley on Sunday, 22 October.

22788638_1568379469874768_41947979071040

Поделиться сообщением

My name is David and I would like to communicate with you. I live in NYC and my dear friend suggested that this site is a good platform to respond with folks who would like to practice English. Maybe I can help. Please introduce yourself and let's start. thank

Поделиться сообщением

My name is David and I would like to communicate with you. I live in NYC and my dear friend suggested that this site is a good platform to respond with folks who would like to practice English. Maybe I can help. Please introduce yourself and let's start. thank

Hi, Dave! Nice to greet you here! So, you are a real New-Yorker)))) How are you doing there? There have been so many terror attacks lately in NYC. Why is this all happening? And what is your attitude to Mr. Trump? Do you agree with those who think he is a demented blowhard?

Поделиться сообщением

Hi, Dave! Nice to greet you here! So, you are a real New-Yorker)))) How are you doing there? There have been so many terror attacks lately in NYC. Why is this all happening? And what is your attitude to Mr. Trump? Do you agree with those who think he is a demented blowhard?

Dear_________,

Thanks for your letter.  May I be so bold as to ask your name.  It feels peculiar not properly addressing you by name.

I didn’t vote for Mr. Trump because I thought he was a totally inadequate man to run our country.   Any negative thoughts you may have about him are probably true, however if you are a fan I apologize.  I am also not a fan of your president.  We all need to tolerate who is leading us but we don’t need to agree.  I am embarrassed by our leader but please know where I live in the liberal New York City he is not favorably thought of.

Meanwhile a fun traditional American Holiday is fast upon us.   We celebrate the bounty our forefathers gathered during their first fall in this country.  We eat lots of food centered around family and almost always a big turkey.  It’s mostly fun but for family arguments over politics.  I suspect this year will be no exception.

Wishing you good health and of course happiness,   David

Поделиться сообщением

David, it's a forum here, we do not address each other by real names, only by nicknames. You can call me Chamomile)))) Also, you can do without salutations and complimentary close, they are too formal.

Is your family really at odds on politics? I am also embarassed by our president and can't wait to get rid of him, but that seems to be mission impossible, unless he kicks the bucket some day. And of course, I am not Mr. Trump's fan either. By the way, do you believe in Russia's meddling in the US election?

Поделиться сообщением

David, it's a forum here, we do not address each other by real names, only by nicknames. You can call me Chamomile)))) Also, you can do without salutations and complimentary close, they are too formal.

Is your family really at odds on politics? I am also embarassed by our president and can't wait to get rid of him, but that seems to be mission impossible, unless he kicks the bucket some day. And of course, I am not Mr. Trump's fan either. By the way, do you believe in Russia's meddling in the US election?

Hi Chamomile))))

Thanks for your reply.  I enjoyed reading your letter and thank you for offering that I may leave out a salutation or complimentary close.  If you would please indulge me I will continue with the salutation and complimentary close.  Thanks for that.

While I was growing up on the farm, as a family we always had political discussions at dinner.   We kept quiet while our parents shared their political thoughts.  I learned so much from them and it has colored my opinion to this day.  We are seldom all together except at a holiday dinner so it would be only natural to discuss politics at the Thanksgiving feast.  Although both parents have passed we will continue the tradition and yes we at times we will differ in our opinions.

To your question whether I believe Russia meddled in our election.  Of course they did but to what extent our government is now investigating.  Putin seems to have strong support from our new president.  I hope those two thugs are enjoying their power because we certainly don’t.

Now to say goodbye and wish you a happy day and kind thoughts,  David

Поделиться сообщением

Нi guys! David, welcom to our forum! Are you still here?)))

HI,   David here!  I would enjoy a few words from you.  About me:  I live in New York City and love it here.  Enjoying a lovely meal with wine is my favorite part of the day.  My least favorite part of the day is getting up in the morning.  We have a great news station SNBC .  Lots of intriguing political shows with intelligent points of view. Fairly liberal which matches my point of view.  I always watch when I first wake up.  Sometimes the news is too bleak to watch but I love controversy and the station offers lots of that.   So much talk about our president and his views. They don’t endorse many of his ideals.  Too much lying!!

Поделиться сообщением

While I was growing up on the farm, as a family we always had political discussions at dinner.  

Oh, really? And what do you do for a living now? 

Did you have to kill animals living on a farm, or did your parents do this, and if yes how did you feel about that? I am asking because I am a vegetarian and don't eat anybody's flesh.

Would you kindly tell us a couple of words about your dear friend who recommended the forum to you. I guess he comes from our town?

Поделиться сообщением

Oh, really? And what do you do for a living now? 

Did you have to kill animals living on a farm, or did your parents do this, and if yes how did you feel about that? I am asking because I am a vegetarian and don't eat anybody's flesh.

Would you kindly tell us a couple of words about your dear friend who recommended the forum to you. I guess he comes from our town?

Dear Chamomile ,

Right now I am free lance repetiteur staging ballets.  I was a full time dancer and later ballet master.  I retired from company work around 15 years ago.

My friend who recommended your forum is a very caring and kind person who felt the forum was a good tool for Russians to practice english.  I will ask my friend if he objects to me sharing where he came from.   I will share with you that he is also a vegetarian.  Are you also strict about not using any leathers for shoes and or clothes?  I know many are.

The slaughter of animals was a way for my parents to make a small side living on the farm.  It was very natural way to save animals from the ugliness of slaughter houses where the animals are very poorly carried for.  We also grew chickens, turkeys, geese, lambs.  All where necessary to feed our family as we were very poor.  I never met or knew about vegetarians until after I left the farm and came to NYC.  I find it a very personal choice and I have no prejudices about it.    Thanks, David

Поделиться сообщением

Dear David, 

I believe any slaughter of animals is ugly. I am not very stict about not using leathers, but I do mind wearing genuine fur.

When I was a kid I remember playing with a rabbit in our country house. One ugly day we didn't find our rabbit in the cage, instead we were offered to eat it. I still remember that plate with a piece of meat covererd with carrots, the meat that used to be our lovely rabbit. We, kids, didn't even touch this dish. We were sitting with gloomy faces and our parents felt awkward.

I wonder how you made your choice to become a ballet dancer. It is rather unusual for a country boy, isn't it? Can you share with us some of your videos dancing?

Изменено пользователем Ромашка 2.0

Поделиться сообщением

Welcome to our Forum David! I wonder which state you were brought up in. It must have been New York state or some surrounding ones. Right?

Поделиться сообщением

Welcome to our Forum David! I wonder which state you were brought up in? It must have been New York state or some surrounding ones. Right?

Good morning,  You guessed it, I was born upstate New York.  Went to Pine Bush Central School 1-12 grades.  Moved to New York City and have lived here ever since.  What part of the world is your home?

Поделиться сообщением

Dear David, 

I believe any slaughter of animals is ugly. I am not very stict about not using leathers, but I do mind wearing genuine fur.

When I was a kid I remember playing with a rabbit in our country house. One ugly day we didn't find our rabbit in the cage, instead we were offered to eat it. I still remember that plate with a piece of meat covererd with carrots, the meat that used to be our lovely rabbit. We, kids, didn't even touch this dish. We were sitting with gloomy faces and our parents felt awkward.

I wonder how you made your choice to become a ballet dancer. It is rather unusual for a country boy, isn't it? Can you share with us some of your videos dancing?

Dear Chamomile,

Your last message was so sad.   That poor adorable bunny.  Of course you didn’t eat it.  I so understand your feelings, anyway rabbit doesn’t taste that good.  On the farm when money was really low my dad would go rabbit or squirrel hunting so we could have food on the table.  Mom used to flour the piece and sauce them to make them possible.  Luckily I was a very meager eater so I usually just ate the outside coating and skipped the rest.

Farm boys where a very rare candidate for ballet when I was a boy.  No TV to stimulate you or introduce you to the art.  Mom and her best friend wanted to see “The Red Shoes” movie and I begged to go with them.  From then on I feel in love with ballet.  Hard to get training upstate New York, in fact the dance school that I first went to was a one hour class with both tap and ballet combined.  I hated the tap and wanted something more from ballet.  Convinced my parents that I needed to go to a proper dance Academy in New York City.   That is another story I will share with you another day.

Thanks, David

Поделиться сообщением

Good morning,  You guessed it, I was born upstate New York.  Went to Pine Bush Central School 1-12 grades.  Moved to New York City and have lived here ever since.  What part of the world is your home?[/size]

Good evening David! I am from the suburb of Moscow. I've been living here since I was born. I am in league with Romashka2.0(Camomile 2.0). We feel that we are as one! Forgive my curiosity, but have you ever been to Europe or Russia? Do you believe your local media? Romashka2.0 and I don't trust ours!

Поделиться сообщением

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете написать сейчас и зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, авторизуйтесь, чтобы опубликовать от имени своего аккаунта.

Гость
Ответить в этой теме...

×   Вставлено с форматированием.   Вставить как обычный текст

Разрешено использовать не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отображать как обычную ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставлять изображения напрямую. Загружайте или вставляйте изображения по ссылке.

Загрузка...

• Создать...