Перейти к содержанию
Форум города Мытищи
Петр Варибрус

Does Mytischi speak English?

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Hello dear Mytischi residents!

Do you speak English, or not???

Congratulations! Today, 31 October, is Halloween and many countries are celebrating it.

Just like many places around the world, Moscow has got its fair share of creepy locations.

Watch this programme about ghosts and haunted places in Moscow(Москва с привидениями)

These words below are from the above programme in running order(Слова, приведенные ниже - из данный программы):

Haunted   creative ways   witch   ogre   when it comes to   ghost   spooky   abandoned   wheel    fair share  creepy location past lives   fascinating   legend   to discover   district   tv tower   area   to be linked with/to   evil spirits   rumour   century   cemetery   murderer   sorceress   remains   coincidence   outdoor   faded   gone by    mansion   added to that    to revive   to suppress   soul   to haunt   to amplify   allegedly   site   ancient   burial ground    temple   to predict   locals   to claim    dreadful headache    terrifying nightmare   afterwards   trick or treat   creepy location   tale   versus   to be based on   novella   bar   bell-tower   halls   apparently  orthodox   to bury   foreigner   separate   to drag   chain   rattle

Here is an assignment for you(Вот задание вам):

Отрезок с 0:00 по 02:45 и с 3:59 по 5:46 этого видео нужно написать слово в слово(verbatim/word by word), то, что там говориться.

Тот, кто напишет все правильно слово в слово быстрее всех на английском и выложит на эту страницу, - получит от меня 3000 рублей.

А теперь бесплатные вопросы: 

1. Where did Ostankino get its name?

2. Which legend is mentioned in this programme?

3. Which country is Jenny Stewart from?

4. Where has she seen ghosts?

5. Which place in her home country and city/town has been haunted and how long?

Good luck to you! :))

WE ROCK!!!

Изменено пользователем Петр Варибрус

Поделиться сообщением

Sorry, I don't feel like watching RT because I hate it! Let's just speak about something. Are you really planning to give 3000 to the winner?

I suggest discussing whether in the near future Google translator will replace interpreters, teachers and learners of foreign languages. And ladies and gentlemen, are you satisfied with your language studies in Mytischi? Who are the best school teachers of English here nowadays?

Изменено пользователем Ромашка 2.0

Поделиться сообщением

Hi! It's a good idea to practise English but I absolutely agree with Ромашка. Let's just speak about something! Personally, I don't want to do any tasks,even if I can get 3000 roubles! It's boring. Ромашка's idea seems more appealing.

Поделиться сообщением

Sorry, I don't feel like watching RT because I hate it! Let's just speak about something. Are you really planning to give 3000 to the winner?

I suggest discussing whether in the near future Google translator will replace interpreters, teachers and learners of foreign languages. And ladies and gentlemen, are you satisfied with your language studies in Mytischi? Who are the best school teachers of English here nowadays?

Greetings dear Ромашка 2.0!

I do understand your feelings, but this report was filmed approximately 3-4 years ago, prior to all that political and military scrimmage breaking out. It's a really good informative video well worth watching and discussing. You don't have to, if you don't feel like it, however, you may change your mind, once you've seen it.

With regards to the Future, I am strongly convinced that there will still be some place and space for manned translations, human interpreting and teaching despite Google closing in on us. :)) You may have heard of a first unmanned(no human staff) Google restaurant  opening in Germany about 3-4 years ago. Have they expanded since then? Probably, nevertheless, the vast majority of restaurants still have waiters and waitresses, chefs and receptionists, as human touch is irreplaceable. Having robots and gadgets all over the place is not exciting, is it?! Do you agree?

Hi! It's a good idea to practise English but I absolutely agree with Ромашка. Let's just speak about something! Personally, I don't want to do any tasks,even if I can get 3000 roubles! It's boring. Ромашка's idea seems more appealing.

Perfect! Let's go for it then, shall we? What do you think of Google taking over teachers, interpreters and translators in the long run?

Поделиться сообщением

Peter, I admire your English! But I should say that I don't like Halloween either. As to Google restaurants, it's quite another matter. Learning foreign languages is hard work, that is why many people will prefer not to do it if such an opportunity emerges. Anyway, Mytischi doesn't seem to speak English, does it? Where are your students? By the way, those who can't speak English could take part in the discussion using Google translator.

Поделиться сообщением

Good morning neighbours.

I suppose i speak english well  becauce i studied in special english school.

Now everyday i watch foreign TV channels-BBC and CNN,read news in foreign newspapers.

It help me to improve my knowledges.

I advice all of you to study english - it is very useful and good work for your brains.

Поделиться сообщением

Peter, I admire your English! But I should say that I don't like Halloween either. As to Google restaurants, it's quite another matter. Learning foreign languages is hard work, that is why many people will prefer not to do it if such an opportunity emerges. Anyway, Mytischi doesn't seem to speak English, does it? Where are your students? By the way, those who can't speak English could take part in the discussion using Google translator.

Good evening dear Romashka 2.0 !

Thanks for your words of evaluation! I am exceedingly flattered! :)) I quite agree with you regarding Google translator, which could help those novices joining in our conversations. By the way, Join in is used here, when some process is already underway(like our discussions) and some new people enter it. Otherwise, it would be join the band, join the conversation, join the club(without in preposition).

Now, regarding your suggestion,- I don't think my students would be fascinated to join in, as they are all busy doing their things. Nevertheless, I have already given it a try, so let's see what happens next, shall We?

Here is a subject of this week's discussion: Is SKYPE teaching winning the battle against traditional live teaching? What are the pros and cons of the two in question? Please, share your thoughts. Thank you!

Good morning neighbours.

Now everyday i watch foreign TV channels-BBC and CNN,read news in foreign newspapers.

I advice all of you to study english - it is very useful and good work for your brains.

Good evening wbif!

Welcome to our English-speaking family! Thank you for your very valuable piece of advice! :)) I am convinced that We shall all stick to it from now on!  One little remark: English grammar stupulates that words like knowledge, furniture, milk, money, information, advice, and several others are always singular number and uncountable. I hope that's OK with you.:))

Поделиться сообщением

Good evening wbif!

Welcome to our English-speaking family! Thank you for your very valuable piece of advice! :)) I am convinced that We shall all stick to it from now on!  One little remark: English grammar stupulates that words like knowledge, furniture, milk, money, information, advice, and several others are always singular number and uncountable. I hope that's OK with you. :))

Thank you Peter for this remark.I am always glad to get new knowledge in English.

Поделиться сообщением

Good morning neighbours.

Nice to meet you here, wbif!

Since you don't mind some teaching, I would like to go on. Spell "I" and "English" with capital letters. Advice is a noun, advise is a verb. And it helps me (don't forget about the ending "s"). Mind your grammar and spelling.

Поделиться сообщением

Nice to meet you here, wbif!

Since you don't mind some teaching, I would like to go on. Spell "I" and "English" with capital letters. Advice is a noun, advise is a verb. And it helps me (don't forget about the ending "s"). Mind your grammar and spelling.

:) :) :)

Hello dear Mytischi residents!

Do you speak English, or not???

Congratulations! Today, 31 October, is Halloween and many countries are celebrating it.

Just like many places around the world, Moscow has got its fair share of creepy locations.

Watch this programme about ghosts and haunted places in Moscow(Москва с привидениями)

These words below are from the above programme in running order(Слова, приведенные ниже - из данный программы):

Haunted   creative ways   witch   ogre   when it comes to   ghost   spooky   abandoned   wheel    fair share  creepy location past lives   fascinating   legend   to discover   district   tv tower   area   to be linked with/to   evil spirits   rumour   century   cemetery   murderer   sorceress   remains   coincidence   outdoor   faded   gone by    mansion   added to that    to revive   to suppress   soul   to haunt   to amplify   allegedly   site   ancient   burial ground    temple   to predict   locals   to claim    dreadful headache    terrifying nightmare   afterwards   trick or treat   creepy location   tale   versus   to be based on   novella   bar   bell-tower   halls   apparently  orthodox   to bury   foreigner   separate   to drag   chain   rattle

Here is an assignment for you(Вот задание вам):

Отрезок с 0:00 по 02:45 и с 3:59 по 5:46 этого видео нужно написать слово в слово(verbatim/word by word), то, что там говориться.

Тот, кто напишет все правильно слово в слово быстрее всех на английском и выложит на эту страницу, - получит от меня 3000 рублей.

А теперь бесплатные вопросы: 

1. Where did Ostankino get its name?

2. Which legend is mentioned in this programme?

3. Which country is Jenny Stewart from?

4. Where has she seen ghosts?

5. Which place in her home country and city/town has been haunted and how long?

Good luck to you! :))

WE ROCK!!!

Hi everybody! It's me again :) I see since I was away only one person has joined in. :mellow: And I'm afraid he(she?) doesn't want to continue writing as he(she?) thinks he knows English well but u both showed him it's false :angry:  :blink:  :wacko: Don't be so strict if u want newcomers here :D  Your remarks are very useful (personally, I'm for!) but some people might not want every their English word to be estimated! :confusion: Let them express their ideas as they can! :) Or u might scare away all potential participants whose English isn't perfect :blush:

Поделиться сообщением

Lisa, OK, I won’t do any more teaching. :beee:  Let’s change the subject. How do you like the new bike lane along Yauza in Mytischi? Can you cycle? If yes, where do you usually go cycling?

Поделиться сообщением

Lisa, OK, I won’t do any more teaching. :beee:  Let’s change the subject. How do you like the new bike lane along Yauza in Mytischi? Can you cycle? If yes, where do you usually go cycling?

Can I cycle? Oh, yes! I have cycled all my life! And I don't need any special lanes as I can cycle everywhere! :beee:  But of course I am happy our local authorities are trying to do something for me     (and you?) :) I haven't tried these lanes yet but they look good though they are too short at the moment. They say they are going to continue building in spring. And what is your opinion? Since you ask this question it must be topical for you :)

And by the way, where is Peter?? :scratch_one-s_head:

Поделиться сообщением

Can I cycle? Oh, yes! I have cycled all my life! And I don't need any special lanes as I can cycle everywhere! :beee:  But of course I am happy our local authorities are trying to do something for me     (and you?) :) I haven't tried these lanes yet but they look good though they are too short at the moment. They say they are going to continue building in spring. And what is your opinion? Since you ask this question it must be topical for you :)

And by the way, where is Peter?? :scratch_one-s_head:

Greetings everybody!   Sorry, something came up... I have walked up and down that cycling and pedestrian track several times with enormous pleasure. Good work! Well done! The other day, though, I saw road workers setting up safety side-barriers on a stretch of track between Erisman Institute and the pond(the one next to Olympic Orient). I fear It may spoil the whole landscape. One thing, that really gets my goat is that there are too many fences, hedges and barriers in our country! Please, be careful, when cycling in treacherous weather conditions! We haven't debated on all topics yet! :))

Поделиться сообщением

Today is very important for us.

The future of Russia depend upon who will win US elections.I hope new US president will improve conditions of live in Mytischi.

Поделиться сообщением

Today is very important for us.

The future of Russia depend upon who will win US elections.I hope new US president will improve conditions of live in Mytischi.

Are you serious? How can he? Do you mean to say that our country is governed from abroad? I am  sure that Trump’s victory is good for Putin and his friends, they can count on lifting sanctions, as for Russia - it remains to be seen. We are discussing political issues in «Kak ploho zhit na Rusi» here. Why don’t you join us there, you are invited.

Lisa, I have recently discovered this new lane, and it really changed the landscape on the side of the river opposite Erisman institute. Many new trees and bushes have been planted there. But for cycling it’s not quite suitable, I prefer Moscow with its huge parks, long tracks and comfortable renovated streets with wide pavements.

What are your favourite attractions in Moscow, dear neighbours?   

Поделиться сообщением

Are you serious? How can he? Do you mean to say that our country is governed from abroad? I am  sure that Trump’s victory is good for Putin and his friends, they can count on lifting sanctions, as for Russia - it remains to be seen. We are discussing political issues in «Kak ploho zhit na Rusi» here. Why don’t you join us there, you are invited.

Lisa, I have recently discovered this new lane, and it really changed the landscape on the side of the river opposite Erisman institute. Many new trees and bushes have been planted there. But for cycling it’s not quite suitable, I prefer Moscow with its huge parks, long tracks and comfortable renovated streets with wide pavements.

What are your favourite attractions in Moscow, dear neighbours?   

I dont want to discuss political issues at this forum,it was a joke about the connection between US elections and life in Mytischi.

In Moscow there are many places for rest-parks,theatres,museums and restaurants.

Поделиться сообщением

.I hope new US president will improve conditions of live in Mytischi.

You should have put smiles at the end of this sentence))))) I felt some irony but wasn't quite sure. But why don't you want to discuss political issues at this forum? It really interests me. The evil moderators who used to bully users here are gone. What's wrong with it now?

Поделиться сообщением

Greetings everybody!   Sorry, something came up... I have walked up and down that cycling and pedestrian track several times with enormous pleasure. Good work! Well done! The other day, though, I saw road workers setting up safety side-barriers on a stretch of track between Erisman Institute and the pond(the one next to Olympic Orient). I fear It may spoil the whole landscape. One thing, that really gets my goat is that there are too many fences, hedges and barriers in our country! Please, be careful, when cycling in treacherous weather conditions! We haven't debated on all topics yet! :))

Don't worry, Peter, as for me, I'm not a crazy biker. I like comfortable riding when the weather is warm and the roads are dry :) And in the winter I prefer skiing. And what about you? Are you sporty?

I dont want to discuss political issues at this forum,it was a joke about the connection between US elections and life in Mytischi.

In Moscow there are many places for rest-parks,theatres,museums and restaurants.

What about u, wbif? Are u fond of riding? Are u an active person?

Peter, I wonder what u think of the results of the President elections in the US. Do u share general optimism?

Поделиться сообщением

I dont enjoy sport at all.

The best sport for me is to drink beer.

Поделиться сообщением

Don't worry, Peter, as for me, I'm not a crazy biker. I like comfortable riding when the weather is warm and the roads are dry :) And in the winter I prefer skiing. And what about you? Are you sporty?

What about u, wbif? Are u fond of riding? Are u an active person?

Peter, I wonder what u think of the results of the President elections in the US. Do u share general optimism?

Good evening dear Ромашка 2.0, wbif and Lisa13

I cannot convey my happiness at the US elections outcome! :)) This is a good opportunity for us to make up US-Russian ties! If Hillary Clinton had won, God only knows what we would have..... We would most likely be locked in the same confrontation with The West for another 4 years. With Trump, there is a glimmer of hope that he will be making an effort to play down the rift between Russia and USA . Trust me! If Trump says "At ease!" to EU and UK, they will lift all the sanctions against us! Do you agree?

Read this. You are gonna like it! :))

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37919394

Поделиться сообщением

Lisa, I would not call it general optimism, it is a kind of insane euphoria. Peter, I object to lifting sanctions because they serve Putin right. If he claims to be great and independent, let him be so at his own expense. And do you arrange summer studies in the US? Lisa and wbif, have you got any experience with summer studies abroad?

Поделиться сообщением

Good evening dear Ромашка 2.0, wbif and Lisa13

I cannot convey my happiness at the the US elections outcome! :)) This is a good opportunity for us to make up US-Russian ties! If Hillary Clinton had won, God only knows what we would have..... We would most likely be locked in the same confrontation with The West for another 4 years. With Trump, there is a glimmer of hope that he will be making an effort to play down the rift between Russia and USA . Trust me! If Trump says "At ease!" to EU and UK, they will lift all the sanctions against us! Do you agree?

Read this. You are gonna like it! :))

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37919394

Personally, I agree with Peter, With Trump as the President the situation will certainly change and I hope for better :)

Lisa, I would not call it general optimism, it is a kind of insane euphoria. Peter, I object to lifting sanctions because they serve Putin right. If he claims to be great and independent, let him be so at his own expense. And do you arrange summer studies in the US? Lisa and wbif, have you got any experience with summer studies abroad?

Yes, I have. Of course it 's interesting experience.

Поделиться сообщением

Russia is always in ass.

After the seizure of Crimea and invastion to East Ukraine there is no difference for us who will rule in USA.

We will live in poverty and our economy will continue to drop rapidly.

Lisa and wbif, have you got any experience with summer studies abroad?

I have been abroad in many countries but i never studied abroad.

Поделиться сообщением

Russia is always in ass.

After the seizure of Crimea and invastion to East Ukraine there is no difference for us who will rule in USA.

We will live in poverty and our economy will continue to drop rapidly.

I have been abroad in many countries but i never studied abroad.

And would u like ?

Поделиться сообщением

And would u like ?

Yes,maybe.

But i am too old for Work and Travel.

Поделиться сообщением

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете написать сейчас и зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, авторизуйтесь, чтобы опубликовать от имени своего аккаунта.

Гость
Ответить в этой теме...

×   Вставлено с форматированием.   Вставить как обычный текст

Разрешено использовать не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отображать как обычную ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставлять изображения напрямую. Загружайте или вставляйте изображения по ссылке.

Загрузка...

• Создать...