69 ответов в этой теме

#61 OFFLINE   Ромашка 2.0

Ромашка 2.0

Местный житель

• Пользователи
  • Pip
  • 161 сообщений

Отправлено 10 Ноябрь 2017 - 19:31

David, it's a forum here, we do not address each other by real names, only by nicknames. You can call me Chamomile)))) Also, you can do without salutations and complimentary close, they are too formal.

Is your family really at odds on politics? I am also embarassed by our president and can't wait to get rid of him, but that seems to be mission impossible, unless he kicks the bucket some day. And of course, I am not Mr. Trump's fan either. By the way, do you believe in Russia's meddling in the US election?

#62 OFFLINE   lisa13

lisa13

Новичок

• Осваивающиеся
  • 12 сообщений

Отправлено 14 Ноябрь 2017 - 13:15

Нi guys! David, welcom to our forum! Are you still here?)))

#63 OFFLINE   Дэвид Ричардсон

Дэвид Ричардсон

Новичок

• Осваивающиеся
  • 6 сообщений

Отправлено 15 Ноябрь 2017 - 01:01

David, it's a forum here, we do not address each other by real names, only by nicknames. You can call me Chamomile)))) Also, you can do without salutations and complimentary close, they are too formal.

Is your family really at odds on politics? I am also embarassed by our president and can't wait to get rid of him, but that seems to be mission impossible, unless he kicks the bucket some day. And of course, I am not Mr. Trump's fan either. By the way, do you believe in Russia's meddling in the US election?

Hi Chamomile))))

Thanks for your reply.  I enjoyed reading your letter and thank you for offering that I may leave out a salutation or complimentary close.  If you would please indulge me I will continue with the salutation and complimentary close.  Thanks for that.

While I was growing up on the farm, as a family we always had political discussions at dinner.   We kept quiet while our parents shared their political thoughts.  I learned so much from them and it has colored my opinion to this day.  We are seldom all together except at a holiday dinner so it would be only natural to discuss politics at the Thanksgiving feast.  Although both parents have passed we will continue the tradition and yes we at times we will differ in our opinions.

To your question whether I believe Russia meddled in our election.  Of course they did but to what extent our government is now investigating.  Putin seems to have strong support from our new president.  I hope those two thugs are enjoying their power because we certainly don’t.

Now to say goodbye and wish you a happy day and kind thoughts,  David

#64 OFFLINE   Дэвид Ричардсон

Дэвид Ричардсон

Новичок

• Осваивающиеся
  • 6 сообщений

Отправлено 15 Ноябрь 2017 - 01:35

Нi guys! David, welcom to our forum! Are you still here?)))

HI,   David here!  I would enjoy a few words from you.  About me:  I live in New York City and love it here.  Enjoying a lovely meal with wine is my favorite part of the day.  My least favorite part of the day is getting up in the morning.  We have a great news station SNBC .  Lots of intriguing political shows with intelligent points of view. Fairly liberal which matches my point of view.  I always watch when I first wake up.  Sometimes the news is too bleak to watch but I love controversy and the station offers lots of that.   So much talk about our president and his views. They don’t endorse many of his ideals.  Too much lying!!

#65 OFFLINE   lisa13

lisa13

Новичок

• Осваивающиеся
  • 12 сообщений

Отправлено 15 Ноябрь 2017 - 11:16

Hi,David).And what about Hillary?)) Do you support her?

#66 OFFLINE   Ромашка 2.0

Ромашка 2.0

Местный житель

• Пользователи
  • Pip
  • 161 сообщений

Отправлено 16 Ноябрь 2017 - 09:22

While I was growing up on the farm, as a family we always had political discussions at dinner.  

Oh, really? And what do you do for a living now? 

Did you have to kill animals living on a farm, or did your parents do this, and if yes how did you feel about that? I am asking because I am a vegetarian and don't eat anybody's flesh.

Would you kindly tell us a couple of words about your dear friend who recommended the forum to you. I guess he comes from our town?

#67 OFFLINE   Дэвид Ричардсон

Дэвид Ричардсон

Новичок

• Осваивающиеся
  • 6 сообщений

Отправлено 17 Ноябрь 2017 - 01:27

Hi,David).And what about Hillary?)) Do you support her?

I like her very very much! Why do you ask?

#68 OFFLINE   Дэвид Ричардсон

Дэвид Ричардсон

Новичок

• Осваивающиеся
  • 6 сообщений

Отправлено 17 Ноябрь 2017 - 18:04

Oh, really? And what do you do for a living now? 

Did you have to kill animals living on a farm, or did your parents do this, and if yes how did you feel about that? I am asking because I am a vegetarian and don't eat anybody's flesh.

Would you kindly tell us a couple of words about your dear friend who recommended the forum to you. I guess he comes from our town?

Dear Chamomile ,

Right now I am free lance repetiteur staging ballets.  I was a full time dancer and later ballet master.  I retired from company work around 15 years ago.

My friend who recommended your forum is a very caring and kind person who felt the forum was a good tool for Russians to practice english.  I will ask my friend if he objects to me sharing where he came from.   I will share with you that he is also a vegetarian.  Are you also strict about not using any leathers for shoes and or clothes?  I know many are.

The slaughter of animals was a way for my parents to make a small side living on the farm.  It was very natural way to save animals from the ugliness of slaughter houses where the animals are very poorly carried for.  We also grew chickens, turkeys, geese, lambs.  All where necessary to feed our family as we were very poor.  I never met or knew about vegetarians until after I left the farm and came to NYC.  I find it a very personal choice and I have no prejudices about it.    Thanks, David

#69 OFFLINE   Ромашка 2.0

Ромашка 2.0

Местный житель

• Пользователи
  • Pip
  • 161 сообщений

Отправлено 18 Ноябрь 2017 - 12:42

Dear David, 

I believe any slaughter of animals is ugly. I am not very stict about not using leathers, but I do mind wearing genuine fur.

When I was a kid I remember playing with a rabbit in our country house. One ugly day we didn't find our rabbit in the cage, instead we were offered to eat it. I still remember that plate with a piece of meat covererd with carrots, the meat that used to be our lovely rabbit. We, kids, didn't even touch this dish. We were sitting with gloomy faces and our parents felt awkward.

I wonder how you made your choice to become a ballet dancer. It is rather unusual for a country boy, isn't it? Can you share with us some of your videos dancing?

Сообщение изменено: Ромашка 2.0 (18 Ноябрь 2017 - 12:45)

#70 OFFLINE   Петр Варибрус

Петр Варибрус

Постоялец

• Пользователи
  • PipPip
  • 472 сообщений

Отправлено Вчера, 19 Ноябрь 2017 - 22:56

Welcome to our Forum David! I wonder which state you were brought up in? It must have been New York state or some surrounding ones. Right?
--
ВАРИБРУС - Центр иностранных языков в городе Мытищи.
http://www.varibrus.com/

2 посетителей читают эту тему

0 пользователей, 2 гостей, 0 скрытых

Мониторинг сервера осуществляется системой UpTime.Ru

Сайт работает с 17.11.2002

Rambler's Top100